We’ve been busy co-designing our “Roadmap to Wellness” with 101 patients and their care/support partners, as well as health care professionals, patient educators, illustrators, information designers, and health literacy experts. You can find additional information below. To obtain an order form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We set out to answer the following questions:
How might we create an engaging toolkit that
- Motivates the patient and their care/support partner?
- Helps keeps them organized?
- Provides important information without overwhelming them?
- Ignites a participatory relationship with their health care team?
- Personalizes the educational journey in a meaningful way?
CANCER101 disseminates its resources through over 1,200 hospitals, cancer centers and community oncology practices. One of our main objectives is to personalize the educational journey, and tailor our resources to meet the individual needs of each patient and care/support partner.
The Solution: The “Roadmap to Wellness” is a cancer planner broken out into ten chapters, with motivational illustrations, patient and care partner stories, infographics, tools and templates that patients can use to track their health and manage their care. The three-ring compact binder includes everything a patient and their care/support partner needs to stay organized and informed during their treatment pathway and follow-up care. In addition, the planner was designed so that it can be personalized based on the specific needs and experiences of each patient. Following the first appointment with a clinician, patients leave their visit with an essential tool to navigate and take an active role in their cancer care.
Organization Tool: The accordion file allows the patient and care/support partner to stay organized and is tabbed to allow for organization of pathology and laboratory reports, test results, prescription and medication instructions, research, insurance paperwork and bills, etc. Each CANCER101 Planner includes a survey, which can be customized to accommodate your organization’s specific needs and measurement goals, which can ultimately help improve the patient experience.
A Sneak Peek
The Ten Chapters in the “Roadmap to Wellness” Include:
- myCANCER101– Where do I start? Personalization by cancer type
- myNavigator– Tips to help navigate healthcare
- myToolbox– Templates to document health history and prepare for appointments
- Questions to Ask My Health Care Team– Divided by phase in treatment
- Clinical Trials– Overview of clinical trials as a care option
- Medicine & Symptom Tracker– Important information, trackers and tips
- Managing the Costs of Care– Tips to manage costs, bills and insurance
- Mind, Body & Connections– Nutrition, mental health, fitness, relationships and more
- C101 Lifesavers– Support for the care/ support partner
- Resources– Additional resources and dictionary of terms
To inquire further or obtain an order form, please contact us at email@example.com
We have order windows in place for bulk orders, and orders received by the 15th of the month will be shipped by the 15th of the following month. Expedited options are also available.
We also offer the opportunity for your organization to co-brand and customize planners. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact us today.
Project HisparityTM builds upon our keystone initiative, the CANCER101 Planner, where we co-designed a culturally appropriate Spanish version of the cancer planner with Hispanic patients and their care partners. Our goal was to create a navigation tool that accounts for their specific needs, obstacles and cultural variations. To order “Guía Hacía El Bienestar”, the Spanish version of the cancer planner, please inquire here.